Monday, February 14, 2011

Trying New Things Again

I have a LARGE stock pile of fabric and wasn't sure what to do with it until I saw a (what I thought would be) simple quilt pattern. Turns out the quilt is easy to put together until you have to do the free motion quilting. I have never done it before and thought I could just throw the quilt on the machine and go. Much to my surprise it is a lot harder then it looks. I started out with a large random squiggle and couldn't handle the imperfection of it so I picked it ALL out (2/3rds of the quilt) and then started doing wavy lines. It was easier but still not good enough so I cheated and put my walking foot back on and continued with the lines the hard but more even way. I am very happy with the results and now just have to put the binding on. Maybe I can quickly sew it on tonight and then do all the hand stitching while I spend Valentines evening with my husband... maybe that's bad? I find it really hard to just sit and watch TV or a movie without my hands doing something, for me it's time that needs to be used. Maybe because I have so little of it during the day??? Either way I hope to have it finished very soon, I have plenty more fabric to make these with so I need to get going! 
I am also in the process of getting labels made to sew into my projects.... I am very excited about this!!!!

1 comment:

  1. sarah! this quilt turned out great!!! i love the fabric you used, and don't feel bad about doing the binding tonight, i'll probably be doing the same thing for a quilt binding that i need to finish too :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs